Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Blues

The first snowfall is a beautiful sight with its glittering snowflakes and picturesque views.

That's pretty much what I think the first, second or third time it happens--then reality sets in. I've now lost track of how many times this beautiful sight with its glittering snowflakes and picturesque views had already occurred this year. Actually, it's not so fun anymore.

It's dark at 5p.m.. My car is disgustingly filthy (no sense cleaning it now because it will be dirty again tomorrow). When the sun does shine, I'm huddled up in my square cubicle. No worries though--by the time I leave work, it will be dark again anyway. The kids are confined, the dog doesn't want to play and 8p.m. now feels like 11p.m. All you want to do is sleep.

I look forward to the bright, sunny days (no coat needed), fruity drinks and the feel of sand between my toes. If I close my eyes, I can almost feel the warm breeze blowing on my skin. Oh, wait! That's just my heater!

No comments:

Post a Comment